Pre-and Post-Treatment Instructions
Be Prepared for Healing
- Do not eat heavy meals 3 hours prior to your appointment time, stick to lighter snacks
- We encourage you to wear something comfortable and bring a jacket/blanket as well as headphones.
- Avoid use of cellphones during your treatment (change to silent) to help create a comfortable and quiet environment.
- You may take your regular medicines as you normally would, including the morning of the infusion unless told otherwise by the physician. If you are on Lamictal (Lamotrigine) or a high dose of benzodiazepines, please discuss with KWI MD.
- SSRIs and tricyclics do not interfere with ketamine and there is no need to stop or adjust dose. If you are taking opiates, muscle relaxants, or anti-inflammatories, continue those
- Plan to arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled treatment time.
- Plan to recover for approximately 20 minutes after your infusion before being released to go home with a driver.
- For infusions that last up to 2+ hours (neuropathic pain) you should plan on recovering for approximately 1 hour before being released to go home.
Continue to Heal
- Arrange for someone to drive you home.
- You should not drive a car, operate machinery or make any legal decision for the next 24 hours.
- You should not use any recreational drugs or alcohol for the next 24 hours
Contact Us Today